Header Ads

'Kaanchi' actress Mishti to romance Salman Khan in Subhash Ghai’s next film

Newbie Mishti, who made her Bollywood debut in Subhash Ghai’s ‘Kaanchi’, has been roped in to play the lead opposite superstar Salman Khan in the director’s next venture.
Subhash Ghai’s latest discovery says all the flak she received for Kaanchi has made her stronger and wiser over one weekend.
Kaanchi, Bollywood actress, Mishti, Mishty, Bollywood, Showbiz, Entertainment, Salman Khan, Film, Movie, Subhash Ghai, Salman Khan and Mishti,

Mishti said, “It’s is said, what can’t break you makes you stronger. These last few days have matured me. It’s amazing how one weekend can change one’s entire life. Today I feel stronger than I did earlier. I think I’ve grown up.”
“That’s one year of my life. During the last one year I did nothing except Kaanchi. It was my life. Now there is a feeling of disappointment at the way some critics have responded to the film and my presence. There is also a vacuum within me, as I’ve nothing else lined up at the moment,” she added.
Responding to the criticism that she is awkward and shrill in the film, Mishti retorts sardonically, “I play a village girl. I don’t play a city-bred chick who knows how to modulate her voice and walk as though she’s on the ramp. I walk and speak clumsily because that’s the way my director Subhashji conceived my character. She is not sophisticated like Aishwarya Rai in Taal.”
Mishti finds the comparisons with Aishwarya unfair. “Kaanchi is my first film. I am learning. I am trying to understand the grammar of film acting. Luckily for me I got a fantastic teacher in Subhash Ghaiji. Whatever I know about acting comes from him.”
Kaanchi, Bollywood actress, Mishti, Mishty, Bollywood, Showbiz, Entertainment, Salman Khan, Film, Movie, Subhash Ghai, Salman Khan and Mishti,
She is getting ready to do another film with Subhash Ghai. “I’ve a 3-film deal with Subhashji. Even if I didn’t have that to fall back on I wasn’t going to leave just because people criticised my first film. I’ve several offers in Bangla. But I am not shuttling back and forth between Kolkata and Mumbai to keep my career going. I’ll stay put in Mumbai fight my way through the criticism that has come to me for Kaanchi.”
Mishti doesn’t mind the flak. “Why should I take it to heart? Whatever is being said must be the result of careful thought. I’ve taken some of the criticism seriously. I will work to improve myself.”
At the moment Mishti’s focus is on promoting her film. “Post-release publicity is very important. We’ve no major competition from the films on release coming Friday. We stand a good chance of getting more viewers interested in our film.”

No comments

Powered by Blogger.